Honey can truly be called a miracle food. It’s been used for centuries as a food, a medicine, and for skin care. Here are some of the benefits of honey:
- Energy – the different natural sugars in honey provide a sustained energy boost.
- Blood Sugar Level Regulation – because the different sugars are absorbed in different rates.
- Immune Booster – antioxidant, antibacterial properties and probiotics in honey boost your immune system
- Wound Healing – slightly acidic with natural antibacterial properties, honey helps reduce inflammation and infection thereby reducing time to heal.
- Anti-Allergy – eating locally produced honey helps relieve symptoms of allergies.
- Sore Throat Remedy – antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make a remedy for sore throats.
- Cough Remedy – honey is effective in helping reduce the severity of coughs caused by cold and flu.
- Sleep Aid – honey helps the body produce melatonin which helps control sleep.
- Anti-Cancer – studies have shown that honey can assist in the treatment of certain cancers.
- Skin Care – honey helps cleanse the pores and naturally moisturizes the skin
Not only do bees produce wonderful honey, but they are also an incredible means of boosting the performance of your plants as they gather pollen for honey. If you want to produce your own honey and get the benefits listed above while boosting your garden and orchard then order your bees from John’s Country Nursery.